Friday 18 March 2022

19/03/22 Flamethrower and the fires of hell

The good news is that sleeping with the soft collar was ok. Not perfect - I woke up a few times - but tolerable. When I woke for the last time it had come off. No idea how or why (except that there isn't much area of velcro-to-velcro contact) but it happened. We'll see what happens tonight.

The rigid collar is another thing altogether. Despite our best efforts and huge frustration we just couldn't get the thing to fit even as well as the physio managed. I stood a bare half hour of it first time but then had to give up. I've been using the soft one all the time since. The rigid collar is still in one piece, but if I were more mobile than I am I would probably have smashed it to pieces with a sledgehammer and exorcised the remains with a flamethrower.










I'll do some research over the weekend and 'phone the physio department on Monday, see if we can come up with a workable solution.

We went to Oaklands Park for some fresh air and spring sunshine - and half a sausage roll for lunch. Sue, having to push me in the wheelchair, got rather more exercise than I did. That's an inequality that needs to be sorted out somehow, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...