Wednesday 9 March 2022

09/03/22 The best-laid plans...

Springfield Radiology rang up about my upcoming CT  scan and X-Rays. Best they could offer us was 08:30 on Friday morning, so another early start for me, I take so long to get organised in the mornings these days. Then Springfield Physio phoned to check that the neurosurgeon that he really wants a hard / rigid collar for my neck. We confirmed and she said "We don't do those" so now they're starting some complicated process to get hold of one from somewhere. This confirms a problem I'm increasingly aware of there  - some of the consultants seem to live in a world of their own without knowing much about how the services underneath them actually operate.

The post included a letter from Springfield telling me that my next neurologist "review" appointment has been put back by a full week. So that's a week's delay in organising whatever treatment we all decide on, and another week of both hands getting slowly and steadily worse. Am I happy? You work it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...