Sunday 6 March 2022

06/03/22 Back to live music?

I used to go to a lot of live music - jazz, classical, opera, and more. Two or three nights out most weeks. Of course all that had to stop when the COVID plague struck, and I said my criteria for returning would be (i) a vaccine that works for the immune-compromised, and (ii)  at least two effective treatments. Even four shots of Pfizer won't guarantee not catching COVID but they are enough to give very high probability of avoiding hospitalisation an reducing it to little more than a bad cold. And to make that even better we have three anti-viral treatments available to the most vulnerable. So I should be ready to go back, but I'm not doing it. Just don't feel ready to break that wall. Don't want to have spent over two years avoiding the plague only to catch it through a simple and avoidable mistake.

Only things in the diary so far are the Writtle Jazz Festival in June (open air!) and some Wagner at Saffron Hall in September. Curiously, Wagner at Saffron Hall was the first thing I went to after my diagnosis back in September 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...