Sunday 27 March 2022

27/03/22 Meccano

Second consultation with neurosurgeon Mr.V yesterday morning. A good start: he's happy with the soft collar and says I can forget the rigid one. Huge relief! After all those scans and x-rays he says the main thing is to avoid my head dropping forwards, and the soft one des that well enough.

We're no longer talking about a new upper cervical fracture and an old one. It's just the old one now. More about that, I hope, in the scan reports which should be with me by early next week.

The plan now seems to be to go for inserting some metalwork into my neck. Mr.V won't do that himself, being more of a brain surgeon, so he's passing me on to a colleague at Brentwood Nuffield Hospital who's more of a Meccano expert. So that's yet another consultation before we get to the action. On Monday morning I'll 'phone AXA and see what they have to say about it...










That's the way Meccano used to look when I were a lad back in the '50s...


The question I should have asked but didn't is "How far is this related to my myeloma?" or perhaps "If I didn't have myeloma would this still be happening?" But I don't suppose he'd have given a straight answer anyway.

Outside the hospital afterwards I made a test call on my Careline GPS alarm, as advised by their technical people. I've had reason to suppose over the last couple of weeks that it's not been working properly. It reported that I was still at home. We repeated the test a bit later outside a nearby Costa (for lunch) and got the same wrong result. So they're sending me what will be my second replacement alarm in just a couple of months. That's not too impressive.

Once home, I was hit by a fatigue attack as bad as I've had since I came off len & dex. Collapsed in my chair downstairs and slept. And slept. And slept...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...