Thursday 10 March 2022

10/03/22 Quiet day

A very quiet day yesterday, with the most exciting thing being a letter from AXA (insurers) about my "complaint". I didn't actually complain, I just 'phoned them to observe that a 55% increase in my premium is rather a lot and to ask if there was anything that might be done to bring it down a bit.

Woke up after a good long sleep, got out of bed (no small thing these days), made it to the bedroom door, and just couldn't face turning right into the bathroom and propping myself up against the basin for the tooth brushing and shaving and face-washing (single-handed these days, otherwise I risk losing balance and falling over). So I turned left into my study instead, dropped into the chair and stayed there in a sort of semi-doze until I felt up to the bathroom business and the equally difficult business of getting dressed. I can still do it myself given enough time but I'm not all that far from needing help.

After breakfast I was on my own as Sue went out for lunch with a friend. I just stayed in the riser-recliner and slept most of the way to lunch (a ploughman's roll from Greggs) and for an hour or two afterwards. I brightened up a bit after that. I seem to need the occasional day like that for some reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...