Tuesday 29 March 2022

29/03/22 (2) Hmmm...

Hmmm indeed. And Ha. Mmmm. Which is all my way of saying that this morning's meeting with Mr.D wasn't altogether satisfying or what I was hoping for. Nothing against him, he gave us over an hour and was very thorough in going through the various scans. But the short story is that he will discuss with  colleagues ("we do everything as a team") and we'll have a video meeting next week. So it's more delay, which is the last thing I want. 

To my surprise he's downplaying the whole subject of surgery (and he's a neurosurgeon!), emphasising that the main aim is to stop things getting worse rather than making them better. I hope he's just doing a bit of expectation management before next week. I said everyone else has been talking about some metalwork to stabilise the upper spine,  but he wouldn't be drawn beyond "that's a possibility." He's more talking about a couple of screws for C1/C2 and possibly C3 as well but I'm not yet at all clear as to how that would work. Perhaps my anatomy isn't quite good enough.

When we were talking about spinal cord compression he said that in a way I have had a stroke - just in the spinal cord rather than in the brain. Interesting thought.

Well, that's enough for now. I just have to wait another week and try not to do any more damage...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...