Sunday 7 June 2020

07/06/20

A painful right shoulder and neck started yesterday evening. I had a fairly long day in the kitchen with one thing and another (enough to set my old right thigh trapped nerve issue off again, despite the daily 40mg of Amitriptyline I take to suppress it). I gave the shoulder a couple of extra Paracetamols, a long blast from a hot shower, and a generous squirt of Deep Heat. It's feeling a lot better now and of course I hope it's just a muscular tweak that will sort itself out in a day or two. But OTOH it's not all that far away from that lesion I have in no.4 back rib and I have to think about the possibility that it may be active myeloma again, despite my good paraprotein levels. We'll see how it is in the morning...

UPDATE at 23:46 - It was a good deal better in the morning and I've treated it as gently as possible all day. Staying with the extra Paracetamol and will have another spray of Deep Heat after the shower in half an hour or so. Fears that it might be myeloma-related have subsided almost completely.
However, the anti-constipation treatment has proved rather more effective than intended so no senna tonight and probably no Fybogel in the morning. On top of that, the effect of 40mg of Furosemide (diuretic) has been stronger than I remember from last time. Water balance now all over the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...