Wednesday 10 June 2020

10/06/20

Some good news today - haematologist Dr.Ch has accepted my suggestion of going back to Zometa instead of the oral Bonefos (bone-strengthening bisphosphonates aimed at countering the destructive effect of steroids on bone). Not confirmed yet but I expect the change will take place next time I go in for four-weekly bloods on June 23rd.

No walk/roll today because it's been raining continuously (and probably enough to make most of the off-road routes muddy and impassable until they have a chance to dry out again. Once this heavy clay soil gets thoroughly wet it just sticks in great clumps to everything... So I devoted myself to puncture repairing this morning instead. Here are the thorns:












Blackthorn, I think. The one on the left did it, I found the other two in the tyre as well, not (yet) far enough in to do damage but they would probably have worked their way through eventually. Also wrote a long answer to someone on the Facebook Myeloma group who is about to start VTD chemo and is worried about the long lists of side-effects.

2 comments:

  1. My horticultural adviser says they look very like prunus spinosa; on the other hand we do like sloe gin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Mr. Anonymous again! Cheers!!
    There is quite a lot of blackthorn around - in fact a lot of what we casually refer to as hawthorn is really blackthorn. I think. Never been all that great at plant identification, I'm an invertebrate man (in one sense, at east)

    ReplyDelete

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...