Thursday 18 June 2020

18/06/20 (2) Trouble with insurance

Had a 'phone call from my insurers AXA-PPP this morning - they're refusing to pay for my current "consolidation" treatment on the grounds that it's not chemotherapy (which, by the tightest definition, it possibly isn't). It's not my idea of "Comprehensive Cancer Cover" either!

Options are to go self-pay (I have no prices as yet but would probably be prohibitive) or to bring in the NHS - or to persuade AXA-PPP to a more liberal interpretation of their rules. Much scouring of the fine print in the policy, and I've got both Dr.Ch (haematologist) and Dr.Ku (GP) working on it. 'Phone consultation with GP booked in for tomorrow afternoon and have exchanged emails with Ch.

This is the first time I've been anything less than extremely happy with AXA. A complaints process has been started...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...