Tuesday 30 June 2020

30/06/20

A better day in some ways yesterday - it was cold and blustery between brief bursts of sunshine, and I got a good local walk around the "triangle" of local roads:


















and I hardly nodded off at all during the day. During the walk I met the #1 local businessman and landowner of the parish who didn't know that I have myeloma, so he asked about why I was using a walker. The answer is simply that with one I can go both further and faster than I could with just a stick (or nothing at all), and because I have an increased risk of bone fracture in the event of tripping over something and falling, the walker gives me a much better level of stability and security. It's not that I need one to get around at all.

I finally got the results of last Tuesday's tests. As for COVID-19 - big surprise, I'm negative. As for the bloods, the main things are that the paraproteins are still at zero and the free light chains are within normal levels. So I'm delighted...

Next thing on the horizon - but not myeloma-related - is my self-administered B12 injection on 01/07. I'm getting the hang of this self-injection thing, but still  a little nervous. It's not as easy as the GCSF injections I did before stem cell harvesting, because I had pre-filled syringes for that. With the B12 you have to crack open the ampoule, draw the stuff up into a syringe with a red needle, then change that for a blue one before injecting. Last time I was fumble-fingered enough to drop a blue needle on the carpet, which meant it had to go straight into the Sharps container. Fortunately they'd given me a spare. We'll see how it goes on Wednesday, which is also my next Dex day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...