Sunday 28 June 2020

28/06/20

Back when I had my stem cell harvest - seems a whole world away now - they wanted to give me an injection of Plerixafor between Day One and Day Two to increase the mobilisation of my stem cells and release into the bloodstream. They said it was expensive and they needed to contact my insurers to authorise it. I never looked it up at the time, but that one shot cost about £4,900... The GCSF injections were a mere £280 or so.
It does annoy me a bit that neither the hospital nor the insurers routinely provide detailed breakdown of costs. For several reasons I want to know and have to ferret around the internet to find probably outdated answers. Not Good Enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...