Sunday 2 January 2022

02/01/22 Morning after

Because I was leaving after breakfast for boules at Birchanger, Sue nobly did some dusting in my study - not one of her usual household jobs. This resulted in nearly knocking the BT router off the back of the computer desk, and losing my computer glasses... I found them later, but not before having to move the desk out of position to get behind it, which is no small task. But I've got the glasses back, which is the main thing.













The observant will note Act One of La boheme on the TV (left side).

Boules at Birchanger was the annual New Year's Day "Morning After Plate". Saturday is my usual sacred non-boules day reserved for other things but I got a special dispensation from Sue in return for not playing at Ongar this morning. We aim to go out somewhere for exercise and lunch instead

I lost 5-9 in the first round, but at least my opponent went on to win the competition, so I can say I was beaten by the best!




Nothing new on the myeloma front. Still waiting for my NHS CPAP machine and appointments with the respiratory people and a dermatologist. Also waiting to hear about my fourth COVID vaccination (due Jan 10th)  and my PCR kit hasn't arrived yet..

It's a dex night and I woke up at 05:45 with that old familiar feeling. Worst sleeplessness I've had for a long time. I shall try to use the time constructively by writing a Myeloma UK post about the 4th vaccination. There is, needless to say, a lot of confusion around. Bring back Nadhim Zahawi!





No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...