Friday 7 January 2022

07/01/22 Left arm

Ankle oedema is up again but I'm not planning on going anywhere later today (got to stay in for window cleaner, Tesco delivery, etc..) so should be a good day for a Furosemide.

A few mini-rashes are back.

The left arm is a problem. The fingers tick most of the boxes for early PN. Higher up it's completely different. I have the chronic stiffness etc. from the neck along to the point of the shoulder, and then there is a big loss of mobility at the shoulder joint - it's very much like the recovery period from when I broke it back in 2017. In fact I've started doing some of the physio exercises I had back then to mobilise the joint - but very gently. Between shoulder and wrist the arm is very weak and I find myself avoiding using it so it just hangs there like a dead fish. I'm typing this 95% right hand only because the left hand just doesn't want to get involved. I'm wondering whether just the colder weather has set something off in that old injury...

Good news about the th COVID vaccination - thanks to our Practice Manager both Sue and I have appointments on the11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...