Saturday, 15 January 2022

16/01/22 The NHS and the three-boule problem

A very slight improvement in walking and getting out of chairs yesterday evening. I suppose it's largely a matter of waiting for the remains of the Len to flush out of my system. Made it up the stairs with alternate legs (plus handholds both sides) - I haven't been able to do alternate legs for quite some time. That suggests strength is returning as well as better balance.

Looking back I think I missed a couple of early signs. One was a gradual reduction in my comfortable walking distance, the other was that when I tried to hold three boules in my non-playing hand, one of them would slip out. Normally I do that with no difficulty.

All credit to the NHS for my care and treatment during my hospital stay. As usual, the sharp end of the service is first-class (and I had all those tests without having to pay a penny for them). It's the admin side where the problems are, although it ran pretty smoothly on this occasion.



No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...