Saturday 15 January 2022

16/01/22 The NHS and the three-boule problem

A very slight improvement in walking and getting out of chairs yesterday evening. I suppose it's largely a matter of waiting for the remains of the Len to flush out of my system. Made it up the stairs with alternate legs (plus handholds both sides) - I haven't been able to do alternate legs for quite some time. That suggests strength is returning as well as better balance.

Looking back I think I missed a couple of early signs. One was a gradual reduction in my comfortable walking distance, the other was that when I tried to hold three boules in my non-playing hand, one of them would slip out. Normally I do that with no difficulty.

All credit to the NHS for my care and treatment during my hospital stay. As usual, the sharp end of the service is first-class (and I had all those tests without having to pay a penny for them). It's the admin side where the problems are, although it ran pretty smoothly on this occasion.



No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...