Thursday 6 January 2022

06/01/21 Good results, bad days

Not the best couple of days. But first, the good news.  Blood test results from just before Christmas are good - paraproteins still zero ad light chains all normal. And I fInally have the full FISH (genetics) report from my bone marrow biopsy two years ago. 
















Basically that means I have just the one myeloma mutation that we know about already, and I don't have any of the other common ones. That may go some way to explain why my myeloma seems rather less aggressive than many others.

The last two days have been perhaps the worst since this all began. I've been all wrong both physically and for fatigue or whatever you call falling asleep all the time. I've done little else although I  did force myself up to Peppers Green Lane to just meet my activity target. But it seemed like hard work.

I have what may be early symptoms of PN (Peripheral Neuropathy) in my left hand - at least the symptoms tick nearly  all of the boxes. On the other hand, nerve compression from my chronically stiff and sore neck and left shoulder might explain equally well - and that has been really bad recently. The left shoulder is the one I broke back in 2017, and mobility there isn't as good as it was just a week or two ago - I can't get my left arm as high over my head as the other one, and I used to be able too.

All very confusing, and I'm hoping that a decent night's sleep will bring some clarity tomorrow. In the meantime it's been very cold again and my hands hate the cold these days. Just a minute or two of exposure brings on raw chapped skin and the chance of smother finger split or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...