Tuesday 4 January 2022

04/01/22 Hanbury Clubhouse

I forgot that yesterday (Monday)  was a Bank Holiday, so no visit to the GP surgery. That will have wait until later today.

Played boules at Epping yesterday morning. Not at my best - won one, lost one, lost the decider. But at last got a chance for some interior photos of the Hanbury Clubhouse:















Not perhaps quite as fine as I'd been told, but very pleasant anyway..

That helped me reach my high activity target. Nothing else new tonight.


More or less a year ago I set myself some criteria for returning to live music: a vaccine proven to be effective in the immune-compromised, and two different treatments for COVID-19 infection. We are pretty much there, although the underlying assumptions have changed a bit - I didn't foresee anything as infectious as Omicron. There's no really good reason  to avoid going to somewhere that has top-quality anti-COVID measures in place, as several nearby jazz clubs do, but I'm still very reluctant to take that first step back towards normality. The great singer and my friend Sara Dowling is at Fleece Jazz (Stoke-by-Nayland) on the 12th - will I have the guts to go and support her?

No comments:

Post a Comment

25/03/24 Back to Boules

First session of 2024 yesterday as the temperature was not too bad yesterday morning and for once it wasn't raining. Played two doubles ...