Wednesday 18 September 2019

18/09/19

Another near sleepless night, although this time I couldn't get to sleep at all rather than waking up after two or two and a half hours. So I got up at 3am, did some computer stuff for a while then caught up on a few episodes of The Big Bang Theory. Back to bed at 5, just a few minutes sleep here and there through till 8. My hours are definitely changing!

Two bits of good news: the orange juice taste effect was much less strong this morning, although still there. And over the last couple of days the walking has improved noticeably. I can almost walk normally(ish) around the house, standing something close to straight and not having to grab on to support for every step. A long way from normal, but a 25% improvement over the worst (so far).

It;'s a nice sunny September day so we're planning to go for a trip to Maldon. But I need to speak to Drt.Ch's secretary first to make an appointment he wants...

Here's a photo of me in Maldon, along with the very helpful Rolly the Rollator. The good thing about him is that he's light enough for me to get him easily in and out of the car with just one hand, which gives me the independence to get around on my own without sticks or crutches (although I still like one folding stick for Rolly to carry around):


No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...