Wednesday 18 September 2019

Blue Badge (Disabled Parking Permit)

The online application process was a nightmare, with the form repeatedly crashing and losing all the work. Then, when I finally got it done last night, things got worse...

------------------------------------------------------------
(This is  copied from a Facebook post of mine yesterday)

Well, at the fourth attempt I got the Blue Badge application form completed and submitted online.The real fun came when I was scanning and uploading the various supporting documents and ID proofs. I did my driving licence, and when I opened the scanner lid the plastic card stuck to the top and then slid off, falling through the hinge at the back of the scanner and down between the chest of drawers it stands on, and the wall behind. I had to take out the drawers and move most of the furniture along that wall of my study before I could retrieve the licence. And then put it all back again. On only one leg working properly. There again, I feel quite pleased with myself that I solved the problem without any help. And it doesn't seem to have done my bad hip any harm. So it's good to know I'm not completely useless just yet!

------------------------------------------------------------

I really thought that would mess my hip up, if only at the soft tissue level, making it painful today. But today has probably been the best walking day for several weeks. It's hard to know where to put the balance between exercise and rest, when your hip socket is in the state that mine seems to be in. But perhaps I've had a hint. Don't take it too easy!

There again, early this morning there was a slight band of dull achiness across the back of my pelvis from left hip (bad one) to right (good one). It went away quite quickly , but I take it as a reminder that there are plenty of other lesions in there apart from the big one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...