Thursday 19 September 2019

19/09/19 (2)

Good day today. Old friends Richard and Julia came up from Guildford for the day. We had my home-made beetroot & tomato soup for lunch, and a first-class Indian take-away from Vojan (near Ongar) in the evening. Best one I've had in many years, don't know why we've not used that pace before.
In the afternoon we went out to Admiral's Park in lovely September weather to road-test (and off-road test) a couple of high-end walkers / rollators of Richard's. I know I need something better than my very basic lightweight one, and this has given me a lot of ideas about things to look for and things to avoid.

Also good on the pain front, and I got through the day ok despite the lack of sleep (again!)



Tomorrow, off to Springfield Hospital for the pre-radiotherapy CT planning scan where they check the exact location and shape of the left hip tumour / lesion and mark me up with permanent ink so as to get exactly the same position every time. It's not too far away from bowel and bladder (not to mention skin) so I don't want any mistakes in aiming the radiation...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...