Saturday 28 September 2019

27/09/19

Second radiotherapy session. They looked at the images yesterday and decided that the top of my penis was safe enough in its usual position.

No side-effects to speak of so far. But it's a good thing I decided to write this at 01:20 because it reminded me that I had forgotten the post-shower application of the skin gel that's intended to prevent (or at least reduce) skin damage from the radiation. No signs of that either yet.

No radiotherapy over the weekend, so do I carry on with the gel three times a day, or leave until the third session on Monday? Nobody's told me that. Decisions, decisions... I think I'll carry on anyway.

The walking continues to improve. I took my new walker down the road and back in the afternoon, and kept a decent pace up all the way, although the hip and thigh were getting a bit tired on the way back. Another good indicator is ease of drying legs and feet after a shower - I no longer need to get the shower stool out of the shower itself and sit on that, I can now do it the way I used to before all this started, although rather more carefully.

Is it really improving, or is the painkiller regime making it easier? One indicator may be that a couple of weeks ago it always felt that I was within a tenth of a millimetre of a mis-step, a stab of pain, and "freezing" for several second before being bale to move again. Which used to happen several times a day. Now it feels as if I have a safe "buffer zone" of several (metaphorical) centimetres and would need to do something really stupid to get the same result. The result is increased confidence and doing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...