Saturday 3 October 2020

03/10/20 Wet wet wet, and constipation management

Heavy rain all day yesterday, didn't get out of the house except to the garage and the bins. After a couple of bowel-ionactive days with Fybogel as well as the usual daily senna, I added a Laxido sachet last night - and then had a very satisfactory movement just half an hour later. These things work overnight and not that quickly, so I'm probably heavily over-dosed for the morning. That might be interesting.

Managing the constipation side-effect is something I have to think about several times a day and still don't always get right. .The worst side of it - apart from the very unpleasant point where it reaches the glycerine suppository stage - is the effect on any plans to go out because the laxatives can hit at any time, and you don't want to be out of quick access to a WC when that happens. Generally I know about halfway through a morning whether I'm OK for a good few hours or not - just one reason why I do my best to avoid appointments etc. before late morning.  Getting hard to remember the days when I never gave the whole subject a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...