Thursday 22 October 2020

22/10/20 Rain, batteries, Zoom

Heavy rain all morning and as I left for my routine blood test at the GP surgery. Had quite a long chat with the nurse (one I know well) about living with cancer and myeloma in particular. After the overnight fast and missing breakfast I got home and made myself beans on toast topped with a fried egg done in olive oil using my small cast-iron frying pan. Keep the heat low and it makes a beautiful egg, well worth the small trouble of re-seasoning afterwards.

Nothing much for the rest of the day, except that while sorting out the batteries and chargers in the garage I discovered that I have several more chargers than I have batteries for cordless garden tools etc. to fit them. It's a mystery. Perhaps the others will turn up as the clear-out continues.

Someone on the Facebook Myeloma Support UK group suggested a regular Zoom meeting concentrating on particular aspects of the disease. I think that's a great idea and have said that I've got a fair bit of experience with Zoom (Parish Council meetings, virtual jazz performances, and online backgammon) and would be happy to be involved in running it.

So far, the new heron defences seem to be working. I hope it lasts...


No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...