Monday 12 October 2020

12/10/20 'Phone phrustration

Three 'phone calls scheduled for today:

1. To the GP surgery to ask if they've got the B12 self-injection kit organised for me (they never rang back about this on Friday!). It took only half an hour to get through, which I suppose isn't all that bad for a Monday morning. One of the nurses called back later to say yes, and I did a quick trip out to collect. Injection now done.

2.  Dr.Ch. was supposed to call from his break on the Isle of Wight this morning but didn't. I was warned by Sarah the Secretary that it might be on Tuesday, and if not to call her on Wednesday. I know from email that he's already authorised the next round of meds and Zometa, so no crisis, just annoying sitting waiting for a call that doesn't come.

3. Dr.Ku (GP) is due to call today about diuretics and possible Parkinson's symptoms. The nurse I spoke to said it would be some time after 15:00 (probably), which is more or less now. So still stuck at home, still waiting.

I don't like taking these sort of calls on my mobile while out and about - for one thing, it's between hard and impossible to take notes. So I prefer to be at home with my notes all organised in advance. But not much chance of getting out for a walk today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...