Thursday 8 October 2020

08/10/20 (3) The war against the heron

Another damp morning, very light rain most of the time. I spent the morning installing new anti-heron devices - we're now down to just four fish in the fishpond. The new artificial heron was straightforward, apart from getting the spike vertical going into hard ground. The plastic "spiderweb" things floating on the surface were a nightmare, not least because the connecting clips are both tough and fiddly, giving me severely sore fingers. Had to take several breaks for Vaseline treatment, and during one of them we had a very heavy shower which soaked my coat that I had left over the back of a garden chair. Anyway, all that was quite enough exertion for the day so for once I felt OK about missing out on a walk. 









Dr.Ch is away next week, so I sent him another email about those bone marrow biopsy results which he keeps on promising to email to me (including in his latest GP letter!) but somehow never does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...