Tuesday 20 October 2020

20/10/20 Rotting wood, eggs, routers

A day pretty much free of myelomatous thoughts (apart from remembering to take the pills), which makes a pleasant change. The skip arrived early morning, and I spent some time moving old wood - the rotting remains of a swing seat, a garden bench, and some trellis etc. from where we had dumped them into the skip. That was enough exertion to tire me out, so happy to take it as yesterday's exercise. Scrambled a couple of eggs for lunch using the Gordon Ramsay method, had a doze, and we then had a new roofer come round to quote for the necessary repairs. At least this one didn't demand scaffolding, so expecting a much more reasonable figure than the last man gave us..

Then I turned to the problem of Sue's misbehaving router. I hate router transplants, they always raise unforeseen complications. This time it seems that the new one is simply incompatible with her ISP - there's just no way to set some of the settings I need to set. Worked on it late afternoon and all through the evening, and got just about nowhere. Will try some new ideas in the morning after 'phoning the GP surgery - for some reason I've got two separate dates for a GP 'phone call (tomorrow 20th and next week 26th) in my Google calendar and I'm sure they can't both be right. Also I need some hint of a time if it is tomorrow, because I want to spend at least an hour or two clearing out the workshop and neither our mobile service nor the cordless landline phones work reliably, or at all, down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...