Thursday 5 November 2020

05/11/20 Damp, drizzly dex morning

 Up early this morning (by my standards, and helped by yesterday being a dex day) because we have plumber coming to investigate a leak possibly caused by the nly drain cleaner I know that actually works. Sometimes, unfortunately, a little too well...

Outside, a Herman Melville day. That's a damp,drizzly November. This one has a light frost as well:













From the greatest novel ever written:

“Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off - then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...