Friday 20 November 2020

20/11/20 Eggs and Parkinson's

Another grey wet start to yesterday, and a lot colder than recently, so we decided Maldon was out of the question. Things improved in the afternoon, so I did the local Peppers Green Lane walk and went down to the end of the lane to make it a bit longer. No fatigue collapse afterwards, perhaps the result of two dex mornings.

To return to the eternal topic, the constipation issue has been good since the last crisis but I was tempted to add a Fybogel to the daily Senna yesterday evening but decided to give it one more day. TBH I hate every day being dominated by this and I'd give a lot to find a regime that gave a consistent result day after day. But I probably didn't help myself with three parts of a five-egg mushroom and asparagus omelette a couple of nights ago. A boiled egg for breakfast twice a week and a fried one on Sundays plus occasional poached or scrambled eggs for lunch don't seem to have too much of a "binding" effect but eggs for dinner seems to be a bit different. As far as I can tell, most myeloma drugs can cause constipation but I think dex is the main culprit for me. Unfortunate, as I can see a large pile of dex pills in my future...

Today's post included a copy of Dr.Ch's monthly letters to my GP Dr.Ku. After saying I've had "a difficult couple of years" he suggests that the possible Parkinson's symptoms may be caused by Lenalidomide. That ignores the fact that most if not all began way before I started taking Lenalidomide or even its close relative Thalidomide. Anyway, looking forward to the neurologist appointment on 1st December when I hope to get some clear answers about this. I don't want to have a Parkinson's diagnosis on top of the Myeloma, and having one would mean some difficult decisions about how I pay for treatment. But that's a problem for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...