Tuesday 1 October 2019

01/10/19 (2)

Not a lot today. Radiotherapy #4. When I got home I realised from my Google calendar that it was time to book my next regular three-monthly B12 injection - the surgery likes me to book three weeks in advance. The next one falls in the middle of the first chemo cycle, so I thought I'd better mention that. The receptionist said she'd speak to one of the nurses and asked me to call back at 12:30. Which I did.
"This line is busy"
Repeat until about 15:30, in occasional bursts. In the middle of that, at about 12:45,  I thought I'd attack the problem from the other end by phoning my contact number at the Springfield Oncology Centre. All I got was an answering machine and a promise to call me back. It's 16:58 and nothing yet. Not too good...
Eventually got through to same receptionist who honestly admitted that she'd forgotten all about it. But she said she'd catch one of the doctors between patients and get back to me. And she did, only a few minutes later, having spoken to my GP Dr.Ku. He said if it was a two-week chemo cycle I should wait until it's finished to do the B12, but if it was longer (it's four weeks on, one week off) I should go ahead and do the B12 on schedule. So all that took up quite a large amount of the day.

In the middle of all that I had to go out to collect a package from the Royal Mail office in Chelmsford. It was a 10ml bottle of high strength CBD (cannabis) oil which I shall hold in reserve in case the chemo side-effects are bad enough to call for it. No radiotherapy side-effects to speak of yet ,although they do take time to develop. The Oramorph is ready and waiting...

Parish Council meeting this evening, when I shall have a few things to tell the others.

It's been a strange day - periods of dark gloom with thundery showers, separated by dry spells with bright sunshine. I used one of them to go out for a roll down the road to the crossroads with the new rollator/walker, and just got back in time before another downpour. It needs a name. Walter has been suggested. Walter the Walker sounds good - and Mozart people will recognise an allusion to an old friend who used to enjoy his walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...