Wednesday 23 October 2019

23/10/19 (2)

We now have the full results from the bloods of 14/10 and 22/10. They mostly look pretty good to my amateur eyes. Red blood cells are a little low, will ask Dr.Ch about that on Monday.  No paraprotein level - they won't check that again until the start of the next 5-week chemo cycle - but the decent protein and globulin levels mean that the PPs can't be too high.
My kappa:lambda free light chain ratio (sorry, this is a bit technical) is high, and I'm having trouble finding online resources to help understand that. Another question for Dr.Ch. He says he likes questions... We also need to get an answer out of him as to what stage I'm at. There are two staging systems - according to the old-fashioned one I reckon I'm in a grey area between 1 and 2 (out of 3), and the new one requires knowing my beta2 immunoglobulin level, and last time he said he hadn't got that through from Broomfield yet.

Again, no early reaction to the Velcade injection (or the B12) so all looking good. And the walking is 95% of the way back to its best - almost made it up the stairs without holding on to anythng. But not quite. That's a target for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...