Wednesday 2 October 2019

02/09/19

00:25, just out of the shower. Hip flexibility has been improving by the day, and this time I was able to do things like squeegeeing (Google spellcheck doesn't believe that's a word, but I do) the inside of the shower and drying myself off that I haven't been able to do since this all began. You can't rule out the painkillers, but it is looking as if the high-intensity X-rays have done their job.

I'm even starting to think that I could get on the bike and, more importantly, get off it again safely at a place not of my own choosing. I've only used the thing four or five times this whole year. I'm no enthusiast for going out in cold wet and windy weather, so I'm hoping for a few decent days to  give it a try.

Later today an 08:30 (!) appointment with the radiology consultant, followed by radiotherapy #5 (the last one, for now at least). We've already loaded the new walker into Sue's car because the weather forecast looks good for a walk/roll in Admiral's Park followed by coffee and an early lunch (or late breakfast, by our standards) in what used to be Cake on the Lake but is now the rather more prosaically named Central Park Cafe. Can't remember whether they have Eggs Benedict on the menu, but if they do I know how to celebrate getting through Stage One of the treatment plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...