Sunday 6 October 2019

06/10/19

Yesterday was quite a tiring day - lots of things that needed attending to in the morning followed by our expedition to Hatfield Forest and a good long walk (by current standards). Sue and I both rather crashed out later and it's the first time since the steroid-induced sleeplessness that I've really felt dog-tired and  badly in need of more than two or three hours tonight.

But inevitably, being me, I started to perk up a bit about 23:00, had my nightly shower at 23:45, and now (00:15) feel bright as a button again... I'm going to resist the temptation to go to bed "early" because I know I never sleep well if I do that unless it's really really early, so I plan on staying up to my usual 02:00 or so, and then hope for a good long sleep. At least I finished this run of dexamethasone yesterday morning, so there's a chance the effects will be starting to wear off.

There's nothing on in the morning until we have to leave for a concert in the Cambridge Corn Exchange in the afternoon, which will mean leaving home about 13:00. So it would be great to sleep on till 10:00... All the weekend jobs have been done - cleaning the cat fountain, paying the weekly bills, and so on, so no pressure at all to get up and start the day earlier.

On other things, I was quite stiff and sore in the left thigh and across the back of my hips for much of the day - hard to tell if that's complaining soft tissues supporting the hip joint, or the anticipated "bone pain" that's is due to arrive several days after the radiotherapy ended. A bit of both, I think - after all, the radiation has to get through some soft tissue before it gets to the bone... No matter how carefully they aim it, can't avoid some collateral damage. As the day went on, the "pain" - TBH, it's barely more than slight discomfort - did seem to focus down more into the hip itself than on the thigh and muscles across the back. So maybe my sleep will be interrupted by an attack of real bone  pain in the middle of the night. Pity I left the bottle of Oramorph downstairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...