Saturday 19 October 2019

19/10/19

We had a good long walk today in Thorndon South Country Park near Brentwood. Some rough ground, muddy tracks, and a couple of hilly bits but Walter Walker performed magnificently. No way I could have done that a few weeks ago.




















My new approach to dex-related sleeplessness seems to be working better. I just stay up in front of the computer and the TV until I start feeling just slightly sleepy, then go to bed - that's been a bit after 04:00 for the last couple of days. I then sleep through for four or five hours, which seems to be enough combined with a few dozes during the day. The alternative of going to bed at my usual 02:00 or so and then getting just an hour and a half of sleep followed by a few minutes asleep here and there in my study chair didn't work out too well.

Anyway, life must go on as normal, as far as possible, and it's good to get out of the house!

Sue off-trail

View across the Thames estuary


No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...