Thursday 3 October 2019

03/10/19

Woke up about 05:10, wide awake. A bit over two and a half hours sleep, which is not bad while on the steroids. Unfortunately, nothing in the diary for this morning. I seem to do OK on this little sleep, but will probably have a catch-up doze or three later in the day...

Still awaiting the "breakthrough" bone pain expected after the radiotherapy. Not a sign of it so far, and the bottle of Oramorph remains unopened. On the other hand, got out of bed and up the step between bedroom and bathroom without a stick or any trouble at all. I'd love to know what it would be like without the painkillers.
According to my GP should come off the Naproxen altogether on the 9th. Maybe I'll taper it off a bit and go alternate days from now up to the 9th, see if that makes any difference. All the docs seem to think I've been on it long enough.

Nice morning. Very still, a bit of red sky with the sunrise, mist over the farm reservoir in the distance. And just a touch of frost sparkling in the sunshine  on the flat roof outside my study window. First time this year. Winter is coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...