Saturday 7 December 2019

07/12/19

Two Laxido sachets the day before yesterday, two more sachets yesterday. Still waiting... there may be another glycerine suppository coming my way.

I hope not.

I don't want to keep going on about it, but of the various chemo side-effects (constipation, thin skin on hands with multiple finger splits, ankle and foot oedema, taste changes with fruit juices) this is by far the most difficult to live with. I'm lucky in that I haven't had the  extreme reactions to Dex or Bortezomib (Velcade) that many people on the forums describe, but that doesn't make severe constipation any  easier, especially when it means you hardly dare leave the house just in case the Laxido effect happens and you have very little time to deal with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...