Thursday 12 December 2019

12/12/19

00:53 and the first of two Dex nights, so here we go again...
Feeling wide awake as usual.

Polling opens later today. I/we usually e-bike down to the polling station but I haven't been on mine since early summer. First it was the impossibility of getting on or off safely (or at all) while my left hip was at its worst. I could probably do that OK now, but it's been replaced by fear of coming off and ending up with a broken pelvis. I have fallen a few times over the e-bike years without any unpleasant consequences but I'm now at much higher risk of a break and I really don't need my treatment plan being disrupted. Sue has also lost confidence after her recent fall that destroyed her helmet, and knows she needs to be OK to look after me. Just as I have to be as OK as possible to minimise the load on her and to look after her now we know about her heart condition. So it looks as if the e-bike years are over, which is a great pity. We got  lot of pleasure from them, as well as valuable exercise (don't believe anyone who tells you e-bikes take ALL the effort away - they don't!)

If the weather is as good as yesterday was I might be tempted to walk it to the polling station with Walter, but the forecasts say it won't be. So I'll have to take the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...