Friday 20 December 2019

20/12/19

A bit of a non-event day today. Still no adverse reaction to the 'flu jab. I'm in the week-off limbo before starting chemo cycle 3 on the 27th, and I just want to get on with it and then on to the transplant.

The Fybogel, Laxido, and Senna combination failed to produce any action, so we'll see what happens in the morning after another round of them. If nothing, I'll have to go back to two of all of them. To put it another way, anything to avoid having to go back to the glycerine suppositories!

Stayed at home all day, the steady fine rain and general gloom giving little motivation to go out. Did a few little jobs but left with the feeling of a day that didn't really go anywhere. Must get out somewhere later today, make sure that the real non-cancerous world is still there.

Reading through, I fear I sound a little down and depressed. I don't think I am, it's just that I want to keep moving forwards and this week off (Velcade and steroids only, the rest continue) isn't helping.

I don't start the next cycle until after Christmas, and even though that's only five days it feels like a lifetime away. The transplant won't be easy I know, and the prospect of four or more weeks in hospital followed by more months of rehab is less than encouraging, but it has to be done. The sooner the better. OTOH, at my age I'm unlikely to get a second transplant, which means we shouldn't rush this one but wait until all the blond numbers are just right.

Post-Breakfast Update: FLS worked most satisfactorily!

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...