An unusual Christmas Eve, to say the least. It started with a routine visit to the Oncology Centre at Springfield Hospital for more bloods in preparation for Cycle 3 starting on Friday 27th. I had a few other things to do and got home mid-afternoon to be met with Sue needing help dealing with some recalcitrant computer problems, and advice that the (partially) unilateral nature of the ankle/foot/calf oedema suggested possible DVT and that I should get it checked out by a doctor. Sue rang the surgery and the duty doc "strongly advised" going straight to A&E (ER for Americans) to get it checked out - possibly involving a Doppler ultrasound scan. So that was our Christmas Eve evening.
Arrived at Broomfield A&E 17:35, left at 20:45, arrived at nearest KFC two minutes before closing time and just got something to eat back at home. In between periods of waiting in A&E (first in the main waiting area, then in a small separate room because of my compromised immune system), I had the second blood test of the day, an ECG, and eventually a doctor who took a detailed history, measured my legs, and was on the verge of prescribing precautionary Rivaroxaban (blood thinner) when I told him I'm already on that because of the DVT risk associated with steroids and some of the other things in my chemo regime. So he went off to consult a colleague and they decided no need for a Doppler scan and we were free to go...
Wednesday, 25 December 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
08/10/2026 The best laid plans...
Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...
-
More rain yesterday. Eventually got fed up enough with it that I took the car out in the hope that it might stop for a while when I was clos...
-
Rain, rain, rain again. Just perfectly timed to stop me getting my daily exercise by mowing the one bit of grass that hasn't been done y...
-
First, the good news. That proto-rash I mentioned on my right thigh has 90% vanished and looks a healthy pink rather than anything nastier. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment