Sunday 8 December 2019

Possibly a setback?

Woke up this morning with a stiff neck. Had trouble getting my chin up far enough to shave properly. That may or may not be related to what follows.

Got to the Jazz Club, went downstairs to find a seat at the front, felt a little wobbly on my legs. Stood up at the interval and could hardly move my left hip at all - walking very slow and difficult. It was a bit better by the end but not much, and making it all the way back to the car park (must be at least a hundred yards!) was quite an expedition, especially with nothing available to hold on to for much of the way. If  hadn't had a stick I wouldn't have been able to move at all, and I would have given a lot for a walker... Relieved to say it's a good way back to normal now I've been home for a while.

This is unpleasantly reminiscent of the pathological fracture that eventually led to the myeloma diagnosis, except that there's no pain this time - it's just that the left hip isn't working properly. Or maybe I'm just too full of painkillers to notice... I thought for a while that it was spreading across to the right hip as well, but that hasn't developed. I'm hoping it's just a muscular twinge that will clear itself up in its own good time rather than anything more ominous.

Nothing to do except see how it goes and report to the cancer nurses at Springfield tomorrow morning (due there at 12:00 anyway for more bloods). If they think there's anything that needs investigating they'll deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...