Friday 27 December 2019

27/12/19 (2)

Had my Velcade injection and my first 20mg of dex to start Cycle 3. Thalidomide goes up from 100mg daily to 200, so on alert for side-effects. I come off one of the antibiotics (Levofloxacin) as apparently no longer needed. I don't know the reasoning behind that and won't get it until I see Dr.Ch next on 06/01/12.

Today's package of pills from the Springfield pharmacy included a box of AdCal (calcium and vitamin D3) which apparently I should have been taking for 21 days after each Zometa perfusion - but I've never heard of it before. There's been some confusion as to whether I should get it from them or from the GP.

That raises a bigger question that I don't understand - which things should come from GP and which should come from Springfield (and therefore be chargeable to my insurance)? I've been getting Omeprazole and Rivaroxaban from the GP pharmacy (and therefore "free" because of my age), but today the Springfield package contained a box of Omeprazole (I'm now overstocked with it) but no Rivaroxaban. It's hard to see the logic behind all this.

Now some good news. The compression stockings are gone, and good riddance to them. Despite being the largest available (XL) they were digging in badly at three different places, at least as badly as the ordinary socks did (and that was only at one place).
So the compression stockings are consigned to the hell where they belong on the advice of the #1 chemo nurse, and it's back to diabetic socks. That may mean putting the Furosemide (diuretic) back up from 20mg to 40. Will see how it goes and consult with GP at next meeting on 06/12/19, or by letter if necessary.

Made a turkey leftover risotto with red pepper, courgette, and mushrooms - using traditional method with my traditional olive wood risotto spoon. Very satisfying, but we still have a lot more leftover turkey...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...