Sunday 15 December 2019

15/12/19

01:15 and not a lot to write about. Things are ticking over with the chemo, the oedema is better (but far from gone), the finger splits are almost entirely healed. I'm due to see my GP Dr.Ku on Monday 16th, will have to persuade him to continue the diuretic and possibly to put me on the 2.5mg Felodipine partly on hope of stabilising the BP a bit (I get more variation in both directions now I'm off Felodpine altogether than I did when  was on 5mg/day). There's no sign that the diuretic is having an effect on BP, and TBH I feel a little vulnerable not taking a medication that I've been on for years. I'd just be happier knowing it was there, even if I also know the dose is small enough to be near-insignificant.

Timings. Sue and I were talking about this on the way back home from her Rodings Players Orchestra concert. Chemo 4 is due to end 27/02/20 (assuming I  need only four cycles in preparation for transplant). Then there's a waiting period before the SCT process begins, usually 3 weeks as far as I can tell. That takes us to 20th March plus probably four weeks hospital (could be more) before starting the post-transplant rehab which could last the rest of spring and summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...