Saturday 21 December 2019

21/12/19

I've long thought that when it comes to joint replacements, my left knee will be first in line. Since long before the myeloma, it has bad patches, then it's fine for a while. It started a bad patch a few days ago, for no obvious reason, and sometimes just gives way underneath me. The good side is that my left hip is now so much better I can get through one of those without much of a problem. If it had happened while the hip was at its worst, the pain would have been spectacular. So 10/10 for the radiotherapy - it did exactly what it set out to do. However, there's a hint of a problem because all those bumps and jerks on the left leg are now causing a bit of stiffness and soreness in the left hip joint again. Not serious at this stage, but I don't want it to get any worse.

We went out to the Clock Tower retail park for a light lunch and some late Christmas shopping in M&S. Before leaving I organised my lunchtime pills in a separate pill box, topped up my water bottle, loaded all that and my phone into my bag, checked that the Blue Badge was in there - changed from slippers to shoes and left the bag behind. Memo to self: get a grip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...