Monday 9 December 2019

09/12/19

02:13 Monday morning, and things have improved a lot. Stiff neck pretty much gone, and both hips appear to be working OK. So - subject to how I wake up later - it looks as if that little scare  is over.
Nevertheless, there are lessons. Any good patch I'm having is temporary and may not last. I've been good enough recently that I've been tempted to go out without even one stick. But if I hadn't had a stick with me yesterday I'd have been completely unable to walk at all, and therefore 100% dependent on others to help me out, as fellow Parish Councillors did back in March when I had that first pathological fracture on getting out of my chair after a meeting. There may not always be helpful others around and willing to help. I've ordered a (free) CANCER ON BOARD badge from canceronboard.org and donated £5 to pay for it - that may be some help but it won't solve everything.     

On the other matter, success both yesterday morning and later in the evening.   Another glycerine suppository avoided, which has to be a Good Thing. The problem is to find the right balance - three Laxido a day produced dramatic results a while ago, but two a day for three days just now achieved nothing until the last minute.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...