Friday 4 December 2020

04/12/20 (3) Dentist

I saw my dentist this morning. There is a small patch of exposed bone in the angle of the jaw. The plan is to cut into this to generate some blood flow and promote healing of the bone and the gum that should grow back over the top of it. This would go uncomfortably close to nerves so I'm being referred to an oral surgeon at Broomfield. Maybe two weeks, the dentist says, which sounds rather optimistic to me! However, it's a lot less sore and occasionally painful than it was, so I should be able to stand the waiting.

She advises continuing with Zometa on the current schedule, which means having a drip next Tuesday 8th. I've emailed Dr.Ch (haematologist) to keep him up to date with things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...