Friday 4 December 2020

04/12/20 (Bloods, dentist, and ECG)

Got my bloods taken at Springfield and filled the chemo nurses in on recent developments to do with dentistry and the mystery tremor. Also had my sixth COVID swab test done. Results for all that should be due next Friday so there's another nervous week of waiting to come. I should be used to that by now, but I'm not. Managed to fit a short walk into a gap in the rain which otherwise has continued hard all day.

Later today I have a dentist appointment and hope to get an idea of whether the recent problem in the angle of my right jaw is bisphosphonate-related or not. Also hoping that the chipped tooth can be ground down or filled or whatever is needed. Hope the answer isn't going to be yet another crown but I wouldn't be surprised. Have to get up a bit early to be ready for that appointment, but as it's a dex night I don't expect that will be a problem.

I'm advised by my old rheumatologist friend (and also by several websites) that an ECG might be another valuable diagnostic tool combined with the DaT scan. I think I might try to contact Dr.Zo's secretary later today to suggest that one might be added.

Tiny little cut on the last knuckle of the middle finger of my right hand won't stop bleeding and keeps leaving droplets of blood over the keys of my new keyboard. I get these from the skin-thinning powers of dex. This one just won't clot. Obviously my blood thinner (Rivaroxaban) is too effective...

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...