Sunday 13 December 2020

13/12/20 Drinks holders

A week or two ago I decided that it would be good to have a bottle/drink holder on each of my Trionic walkers. Be careful what you wish for...

What should have been straightforward has turned out to be anything but, and there has been intensive exchange of emails and photos between me and the very helpful Stefan at Trionic. He's now going to send me a couple of longer screws and some spacers which will allow the Walker bottle holder to fit over the lower cane holder on that side, which would otherwise have to be sacrificed.

Off topic? Well, if I didn't have myeloma and if it hadn't shown up by having such a big impact on my walking in the early days I wouldn't have the walkers so I wouldn't have the problem. Even now, although I can walk well enough on flat and familiar ground for shortish distances, the security and stability of a walker is a huge benefit. And I am, TBH, a bit terrified of falling and breaking one of my myeloma-weakened bones - still got those lytic lesions in there!

Here's an image from Stefan showing how you don't use both of the two obvious screw holes...



It's been raining all day. Depressing. Listening to Dexter Gordon on my Echo Show (Alexa) instead of going out for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...