Saturday, 5 December 2020

05/12/20 Oral surgeons

Just a story about oral surgeons, from some twenty-five years  ago. Every word is true. I had an impacted wisdom tooth that my dentist didn't want to deal  with because it was very close to a major nerve, so I was sent onto an oral surgeon. I made an appointment but when  I arrived I was told that the surgeon had died of a heart attack, and the envelope containing my x-rays was open on his desk. I made a new appointment with another oral surgeon but as soon as  he opened the envelope with my x-rays he emigrated to New Zealand. I don't remember what happened to the third one, but he disappeared as well. Later I heard that he too had died. Surgeon #4 gave me an appointment, did the job, and all has been well in that area ever since. As far as I know he's still fit and well.

My fingers are crossed for the oral surgeons at Broomfield. I really don't want to kill another one. Or two. Or three...

No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...