Saturday 5 December 2020

05/12/20 Oral surgeons

Just a story about oral surgeons, from some twenty-five years  ago. Every word is true. I had an impacted wisdom tooth that my dentist didn't want to deal  with because it was very close to a major nerve, so I was sent onto an oral surgeon. I made an appointment but when  I arrived I was told that the surgeon had died of a heart attack, and the envelope containing my x-rays was open on his desk. I made a new appointment with another oral surgeon but as soon as  he opened the envelope with my x-rays he emigrated to New Zealand. I don't remember what happened to the third one, but he disappeared as well. Later I heard that he too had died. Surgeon #4 gave me an appointment, did the job, and all has been well in that area ever since. As far as I know he's still fit and well.

My fingers are crossed for the oral surgeons at Broomfield. I really don't want to kill another one. Or two. Or three...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...