Wednesday 6 January 2021

06/01/21 Springfield pharmacy and rings

I collected the next four weeks' bag of meds from Springfield - they threw in a pack of Omeprazole (which they know I get from the GP) and one of Metoclopramide (anti-nausea) as well. Maybe they're over-stocked and trying to get rid of it... No walk on the way back because the weather was too foul. I went home and turned 600ml of double cream into two tubs of spreadable butter instead.

No phone call from Dr.Ku. Perhaps he was at the Parkside Medical Centre furiously getting everything ready for the mass vaccinations next week. We'll see if anything happens later today.

A small thing: I usually wear two rings, my wedding ring in the usual place and a small signet ring that belonged to Sue's father in the corresponding place on my right hand. I took them off round about a year ago as I have to use a lot of hand cream (because of the dex skin-thinning, as well as the cold weather) and it annoys me by getting trapped under the rings. Yesterday I decided I'd had enough of being without them and put them back, along with another ring that celebrated my 65th birthday. And there's another one coming, but more about that when it arrives...

It's been a while since I posted an image. There hasn't been enough of a reason, or I haven't found one good enough. So this will have to do.









What's the reason for going back to the rings? Just enough time gone by? Vanity? Something else? "Taking back control"? I really don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...