Wednesday, 27 January 2021

27/01/21 Insurance

I got my renewal quote for my private health insurance, which includes "Comprehensive Cancer Cover" which has been really good for me. Up by 37%! I got straight on the phone and negotiated a reduction to just 6% although I have now increased the excess (which is payable at the start of every policy year unless there are no claims) from £250 to £500 - effectively an increase of £250. So I'm as happy about that as I'm ever likely to be about a premium increase where I don't have the option of moving to another insurer - simply no way I'd get comparable cover for my myeloma at a remotely realistic price, or at all.

We then got my wife's renewal letter. Up 61%. They're having a laugh... Spent the evening on the comparison sites and have found several good-looking alternatives at or below what she's currently paying. More research to do, but it pays to shop around!

Just up to Peppers Green Lane and back again. And a dex night tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...