Wednesday 27 January 2021

27/01/21 Insurance

I got my renewal quote for my private health insurance, which includes "Comprehensive Cancer Cover" which has been really good for me. Up by 37%! I got straight on the phone and negotiated a reduction to just 6% although I have now increased the excess (which is payable at the start of every policy year unless there are no claims) from £250 to £500 - effectively an increase of £250. So I'm as happy about that as I'm ever likely to be about a premium increase where I don't have the option of moving to another insurer - simply no way I'd get comparable cover for my myeloma at a remotely realistic price, or at all.

We then got my wife's renewal letter. Up 61%. They're having a laugh... Spent the evening on the comparison sites and have found several good-looking alternatives at or below what she's currently paying. More research to do, but it pays to shop around!

Just up to Peppers Green Lane and back again. And a dex night tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...