Tuesday 5 January 2021

05/01/21 Pharmacists

Mid-day, and waiting for the call from my GP which was supposed to be "9ish"... If the receptionist who made the appointment was right, all he wants to talk about is whether I can get Metoclopramide (anti-nausea) and Loperamide (anti-diarrohea) on prescription. I don't need either (and have several unopened packs) but the Springfield pharmacy insist on handing them out every third or fourth month. The only way I can stop that is by convincing the Springfield pharmacists that I can get them through my GP - as I do with another two of the supporting drugs (Omeprazole (protein pump inhibitor) and Xarelto (blood thinner)).

Horrible day outside - thermometers agree on 3C but it's wet and feels bitterly cold. I may stop off at Admirals Park for a short sharp walk on my way back from Springfield this afternoon, depending on the rain.

I gather that batches of the Oxford vaccine will get to "local hubs" at the start of next week. So far it's only in hospitals (and possibly some care homes). So that gives us a starting point for vaccinations at our local centre, I hope. The GP website still hasn't been updated since 15th December, which I think is not very good. If they want to stop people clogging the 'phone lines to ask about vaccination (and they say they do), then the sensible course is to provide the information by a different route.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...