Tuesday 19 January 2021

19/01/21 (2) Propranolol again

We did the long Admiral's Park walk this morning. Well, strictly speaking it's Tower Gardens / Admiral's Park / Central Park. Then coffees from the Cafe because for once there was both no queue and an empty bench overlooking the lake. I did the outgoing leg fine, but on the way back we were a bit into the wind and I found it really hard. Had to stop for a break at one point when I was starting to feel a little breathless. Not at all as usual and I think I have to point the finger at the Propranolol. Reduced heart rate and BP must mean reduced oxygen transport to the muscles. I've just checked my oxygen  saturation, which is a little down at 95%. No panic just yet, but will aim for a few more good walks to see if this continues or whether I'll adapt to the new drug.

Anyway, we got home, had a quick lunch, and then I had a real fatigue burst. Couldn't find the energy to get out of a chair or do anything. It only lasted an hour or so, and some of that was asleep, but as bad as I've had. The tremors are reduced but still there, and I can foresee asking Dr.Ku to switch me to a lower dose, or maybe a different beta-blocker.

Feeding the seagulls on the lake:










No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...